Monday, August 19, 2013

Are You Having Fun Yet?

After spending more than a week preparing for a fairy party (yep, you read that correctly), it occurred to me that I really like to have fun. And, so did my guests at my party as you will see in the photos below.









I decorated my garden to resemble an enchanted place where fairies revel with dancing, singing, and merry making. Creating the crafts head of time was great fun! I crocheted many of the streamers used to hang the ornaments on, and I made the hip scarf I'm wearing in this photo.

Once the decorating was all done, I enjoyed sitting in my garden at night with the lights on in the fairy tree. It was simply magical!

 
The children in attendance were in awe of the cute little village I had created and everyone enjoyed adding the gifts they brought to the fairies. The fairy house shown here has two feather beds, a crystal lamp, a fire place, mirror, portico window and room-darkening shades.  






Unfortunately, some people just don't know how to have fun and that's likely because they have not learned to love themselves. They are still trying to prove their personal worth to someone else: a boss, co-worker, parent, spouse, lover, etc. by working hard, being serious, making a lot of money, trying to lose weight, or whatever. They have not embraced their own beauty and creativity. I'm still in process too, so I do understand where you are coming from if this describes you. But, there is something you can do to move toward self acceptance. Have fun! Yes, make yourself if you have to, but have fun, be a child, play, let go of your inhibition, and loosen up a bit.

What is it that you can do to just have fun this week? If it is nothing more than buying yourself an ice cream and sitting on a park bench, do it! And really feel everything that you feel whether is what one would call a "good" or a "bad" feeling (those are only labels we have assigned to our emotions), it is legitimate and worth exploring.

Tell us about your personal fun adventure by leaving a comment below.

No comments: