Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Exercises to Help You Shift into a Higher State of Consciousness

In her latest book, Shifting into Purer Consciousness ~ Integrating Spiritual Transformation with the Human Experience, Yvonne Perry listed more than two dozen exercises from a variety of traditions and esoteric practices that can be used for spiritual purification tool to help the body ascend. Affirmations, brainwave entrainment, conscious breathing, dietary changes, rituals, smudging, and visualization are just a few of them.

One thing that impressed me was her formula for making prayer more effective by adding feelings and emotions to clearly-stated intent and positive statements drafted in first person. Recognize yourself as a magnificent empowered being and pray from that confident perspective.
Describe your request in the present tense as if your prayer has already been answered. For example: “I am healthy and whole. I am wealthy and prosperous. I am toned and fit at my ideal weight of ____ pounds.” In other words, shift your focus onto what you want to create. Remember, if you are focused on what is wrong, that's what you will get more of. When you start to worry or feel depressed, use the “Statement of Clear Intent” below to get your mind and feelings back on track.

Statement of Clear Intent

To begin, ground and center your energy. Then, focus on the Sacred Heart within you, knowing that all is well. There are no problems in the now moment. With this in mind, begin to feel in your body what it would feel like if you had everything you needed or wanted right now. That feeling activates the energy of unlimited potential. This is very powerful when combined with positive affirmations.

Call upon your higher self and divine guides as you write your statement of clear intent in the form of affirmations regarding the situation at hand. Keep your affirmations open-ended. For example: To say “I want a job or roommate to help pay the bills” limits what the Universe can bring you. It is more helpful to state “I enjoy financial freedom” or “I have all I need to live comfortably.”

Here are some other examples:

• I have unlimited resources
• Everything I need comes to me in perfect timing
• I am successful in all my ventures
• I am supported by the universe who always says YES!
• I attract people into my life who are confident, content, and intelligent
• I express and show happiness easily and freely
• I feel confident in my body
• I receive income from multiple sources
• I receive pure love and support from all

Sometimes people get so overwhelmed with trouble, disappointment, and frustration they can’t even think straight to put together a list like this one. If you have trouble thinking of what you want to manifest, make a list of everything that is wrong or that you don’t want then write the opposite as a positive statement.

I hope you will give this a try and see great things become your reality. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you experience.

###

Yvonne Perry is an empath coach, metaphysical teacher, spiritual author, and the host of We Are One in Spirit Podcast. In 2011, she published her book, Whose Stuff Is This? ~ Finding Freedom of the Thoughts, Feelings, and Energy of Those Around You, in which she candidly discussed how we pick up energy around us, and how it affects us. It teaches how to identify our own energy versus the energy of people around us. She is available for private spiritual coaching and as a speaker for your group. 

No comments: