Sunday, December 21, 2008

True Love - How I Found My Soul Mate Through Divine Guidance

The Fruitcake, Jimmy Buffet, said about relationships, "We all want them, we've all got them, now WHAT DO WE DO WITH THEM?"

When I was going through divorce there were two things that I said I'd never do again.

1. Never get back into church

2. Never get married again

Therefore, I was not looking for a relationship when I walked through the doors of a church that April morning.

So why was I at church? Because of the nudging; that internal voice or sense of knowing.

I'd visited new parts of town on temp assignments and when I passed by a particular office park, it seemed to call to me. I ignored the nudging as long as I could but curiosity finally got the best of me and I turned down the road into the office park. I hoped I was being led to a full-time job with benefits. A lot of businesses there, but nothing I felt drawn to until I neared the back of the office park and saw a warehouse that was being used as a meeting place for a church.

"No, not church!" I whined. "You know I hate organized religion, God. I don't want to go to ANY church, much less one in a WAREHOUSE."

Every time I passed the office park, the nudging got stronger. I knew I was not going to see any peace until I visited this place. I woke up the Sunday morning before Easter agreeing with myself and that "inner voice" to go to that church in the office park, but I made a deal with God that I would only go to hear the music then I'd leave before the preaching.

I looked up the number in the phone book and called to see what time the service started -hoping it would already be over and I could wait another week. No such luck. I arrived in time for what I thought would be the musical portion of the service only to find that a man in the pulpit was about to begin speaking.

I HAD BEEN TRICKED!

Daylight Saving Time had caused everyone to spring their clocks forward one hour. Everyone except me, that is. I was ready to bolt out those double doors in the back when a nice young woman befriended me and asked me to sit with her.

I was introduced to several people after the service but I did not remember any of their names; including the name of the man that I most impressed. I received several invitations to other opportunities that would allow me to get involved and make new friends.

I was lonely so I attended a small group meeting later that week. There was a guy sitting across from me that I had not remembered seeing at church but he sure had my attention now. I kept an eye on him to see what stupid thing he would do that would disqualify him as a candidate for companionship. After all, I was NOT looking for a relationship!

I heard that HE would be leading worship for a small group at the church on Friday night so I put on my best jeans and showed up. I learned a new meaning for the phrase "Small Group". I was one of three people in attendance and HE was one of the others!

We had several dates over the next few weeks. I felt like I was being guided from one event to the next not really making any decisions-just going with the flow. Ten weeks after meeting one another Randy and I broke the news of our elopement to our children, our parents, and extended families. It was both exciting and upsetting for them. Some were happy. Most were suspicious. All were shocked!

Randy and I celebrated our sixth year wedding anniversary on July 7th and I must say that it is one of the best decisions I've NEVER made!

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Yvonne_Perry

No comments: