Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Wouldn't you know my faith would be tested with the death of a loved one the day before I'm supposed to speak on live radio about death, dying and afterlife. My husband's dear brother-in-law Dan Emge fell to his death from a ladder while trimming tree limbs yesterday--a shocking freak accident that has caused our entire family to consider how short our earth lives really are. Together we lit a candle for Dan and the family and shared a few tears as we thought of Dan's wife Teri, theirchildren and a beautiful life that ended too soon.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. As I took my place last night as the guest on Elemental Journey with Nic Daniel I felt courage and strength as I shared insight from my book More Than Meets the Eye: True Stories about Death, Dying, and Afterlife.

Today we learned that Dan will be cremated and there will not be a funeral. Teri didn't want a church full of crying people telling her how sorry they were. Instead, there will be a wake to celebrate the life Dan lived and the joy he brought to those who knew him. I like Teri's thinking! It's much better to focus on the positive even while grieving. The "What will I do without him" questions will be answered as she walks one step at a time, one day at a time in a world void of Dan's physical presence. If you missed the show last night you may listen to the archive at http://www.contacttalkradio.com/hosts/archives/nicdaniel.htm.

Yvonne

No comments: