Tuesday, August 29, 2006

At the Unity Festival I attended this past weekend in Burns, TN I observed a Hindu ritual and listened to the priest talk about the gods and goddesses of Hinduism. Did you know that there are over 330,000 Hindu gods and goddesses?

When speaking of unity and oneness it is important to accept others for who they are. We are each on the spiritual path that is best for us, and we can change to another path at any time we choose. I like what Thomas Jefferson said in his Notes on Virginia in 1782:

"But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."

What does it really matter if another person is different? If they practice a different religion, or if they are gay/lesbian or if they are democrat or republican. WE ARE ONE in spirit, united by blood and breath!

No comments: