Friday, April 21, 2006

I have a copy of da Vinci's painting of the Last Supper hanging in my home. The piece has been in my family for eons but as I was dusting it about a month ago, I thought to myself, "That dude sitting to the right of Jesus sure looks feminine." Take a look at Wikipedia's photo of Leonardo da Vinci's painting of the Last Supper http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Leonardo_da_Vinci_%281452-1519%29_-_The_Last_Supper_%281495-1498%29.jpg.
There is another person in the painting that also looks effeminate and at the time, I thought that maybe some of Jesus' disciples might have been gay. After all, I am quite aware that Biblical text was altered by the Nicene Council during Constantine's time. Some parts were left out and others added to suit the political interest (power and control of the people) of the Roman government and Catholic Church at the time.

I have just started reading the DaVinci Code, a novel by Dan Brown and was pleasantly surprised to see someone has attempted to open the public's eyes about the evil deeds done by the Church all throughout history. Has it ever occurred to you that Jesus might have been married? What is your opinion on this topic?

No comments: